Vineyard

Vineyard

Monday, September 27, 2010

Leaving Auckland!

Hi Friends-  sorry for the long wait, had to get my head clear.  I am leaving Auckland today to head down to Nelson and meet up with Stuart.  After suffering from a bout of homesickness and culture shock I decided Auckland is not the place I want to be right now and with a friend was the right place. 

I did get a job and quit a job already, I've only been here 6 days or 7?  The job was at an Irish pub in downtown Auckland.  I can now pour Guinness quite well.  I feel like I've had to relearn English, after listening to the Irish order beer and figure out what the kiwi's are saying so fast. 

Meet a lovely Irish men who thinks my cowboy boots are really exciting. 

Went on an incredibly hike, south of Auckland.  Very muddy but stunning views.  I'll post pictures soon. 

The sun's shining bright today!  Yahoo

I meet a great American from Chicago named Jose.  He showed me where the grocery was and where to buy a blow dryer that won't blow up.  I think I'm the only American saying at the hostel now. 

Well I'm going to go drink some caffeine and work on talking in complete sentences. 

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment